At Clonmel Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic, our Chartered Physiotherapists provide screening that assesses athletes prior to their training season.
Our aim is to highlight areas that they may need to address in order to prevent injury. We have found this to be an extremely effective method of reducing injuries especially overuse or chronic throughout the season.
- We note biomechanical asymmetries they may present with in different positions and activities relative to their sport
- We assess muscle control though different sports specific activities
- We measure flexibility of joints and muscles
- We assess muscle strength specific to different sports
- We discuss past history of injury and note reoccurring injuries
- We highlight weaknesses and abnormalities and then provide individual prehabilitation exercises to correct them or insert devices such as orthotics as necessary
- We use videography to analyse and monitor progression in movement and control
Each and every sport has its most common injuries dependng on the nature of the sport which we take into consideration when carrying out pre-season screening. We find that highlighting and correcting abnormalities before intensive training begins greatly reduces the risk of injury at the wrong time.