Pilates is a system of gentle, controlled exercises designed to improve flexibility, strength and body awareness without increasing muscle bulk.
Core muscle strength and postural alignment are two of the key elements of Pilates and if both are adequately achieved, allow the body to work efficiently and reduce injury.
At South Tipperary Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic, Elizabeth Mulcahy (Chartered Physiotherapist) and Grainne O’Callaghan (Chartered Physiotherapist) have an additional qualification as a Stott Pilates Instructors and Frances Mulcahy (Chartered Physiotherapist) has an additional qualification as an APPI instructor. With our University degrees in Physiotherapy, studying muscle and joint anatomy and physiology in association with our further training in Pilates, we feel that we have the expertise required to prescribe Pilates for people with and without injury and pain.
- Muscular and joint pain relief
- Relief from back pain
- General muscle strengthening and toning, especially the core
- Increase body flexibility
- Improve posture and balance
- Increase mobility and fitness
- Reduce stress and tension
- Enhance sporting performance
- Prevent injury
- Aid in rehabilitation from injury
We offer Pilates on a one-on-one basis and in small groups (maximum 6 people for beginners). The main focus is quality and control rather than repetitions. We feel that small classes are most important so that each movement is analysed and corrected by our Chartered Physiotherapists. We run classes on a regular basis with courses taking 6-8 weeks to complete.
- Beginners Pilates classes cost 120 euro for 6 classes
- We provide mats and all the equipment you need
- You are required to wear comfortable clothes that you can stretch and move freely in
- Small classes ensure constant individual feedback and correct techniques
- We welcome people who are experiencing back pain as long as they have been cleared to participate by one of our Chartered Physiotherapists
If you are interested in Pilates and would like to find out more or discuss if it is for you, please contact Elizabeth Mulcahy directly at our clinic on 052 6124959 or email email@example.com
I have attended Liz Mulcahy at Clonmel Physio & Sports Injury Clinic on and off since 2006 with a tricky back, that isn’t helped by spending most of the day driving. Her manipulation provides immediate relief and I have never been disappointed. I promise to keep up the Pilates Liz!