Sports Injuries are our speciality at South Tipp Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic! Our Chartered Physiotherapists have additional masters degrees in sports physiotherapy/medicine and you can be confident that you will receive the most up to date treatment and management.
People who participate in sport never like to be injured and are always the most keen to be back in action. Our goal is to have you back on the pitch, running that extra mile, jumping the last hurdle or swinging that golf club in the shortest, safest time as possible. We feel that correct and early diagnosis of sports injuries is the cornerstone for effective treatment and this is where we excel from our years of diagnostic training.
Sports injuries can be acute in nature following a traumatc injury, or overuse and become chronic over a period of time due to incorrect training or underlying biomechanical abnormalities.
- Ankle sprains/ ligament injuries
- Achilles tendonopathies
- Calf strains/tears/ruptures
- Shin splints
- Knee meniscal/cartilage/ligament tears
- Cruciate ligament tears and rehabilitation post repair
- Jumper’s knee/ Runner’s knee
- Dead leg/contusion
- Quads/hamstring/groin tears
- Hip labral tears
- Osteiitis pubis
- Sacroilitis and pelvic pain
- Low back pain/strain/facet joint dysfunction/disc pathology
- Spondylolysthesis/ spondylolysis
- Neck strains/whiplash injuries/facet joint locking
- Rotator cuff tear/strain/rehabilitation post repair
- Shoulder dislocations/subluxations
- AC joint disruptions
- Shoulder labral tears
- Biceps tendonopathies
- Golfers/tennis elbows
- Hyperextension injury of elbow
- Tenosynovitis at wrist
- Skiiers thumb
- Rehabilitation post concussion
- …….and many more
We work closely with different sports including rugby, GAA, soccer, tennis, golf, athletics, horse riding, hockey from local to national and international levels. We provide pitch side assistance at training and matches and are qualified in first aid management. We offer competitive club rates and ensure prompt assessment if you and your team or society would like to join us-just call our clinic
We provide pre-season screening using videography and sports specific tests and develop rehabilitation programs to help avoid injury.
Our Chartered Physiotherapists work closely with GPs and sports consultants to determine appropriate investigations as necessary following injury and treatment programs.
We sell a range of sports products including insoles, foam rollers, braces, tape and padding at our clinic to aid your recovery and prevent further injury. Please call us for further information.
- Hands on soft tissue release, fascial release, deep tissue massage
- Deep dry needling
- Sports specific rehabilitation/ weight training
- Foam rolling
I attended South Tipp Physio Clinic with sharp pain around my kneecap when running that had been present for 4 months. Fran Mulcahy assessed me and diagnosed it as runners knee. She treated it twice with manual therapy and advised me in an exercise program including foam rolling. I haven’t looked back since and ran the Dublin City marathon in 2013. Thanks Fran